The incense known as “Mahishashi sambrani” is named after the defeated asura king “Mahishasura” by the Hindu goddess Durga. The term “sambrani” is derived from the Sanskrit word “sambara,” which means “bringing together.”
What is mahishashi sambrani?
Mahishashi Sambrani or Mahishasura Sambrani, traditionally known as Mahishasura Mardini Sambrani. This is an Indian incense from a blend of natural ingredients including resin, herbs, and essential oils.
How it is made?
Make Mahishashi sambrani, an Indian incense from the resin of the Boswellia serrata tree also known as the Indian frankincense tree. Gather the resin from the tree by making small cuts in the bark, and allow the sap to ooze out and harden into chunks.
Grind these chunks into a powder and mix with other ingredients, such as herbs and essential oils, to create the final product.
Additional Benefits of Mahishashi Sambrani
The resin present in the sambrani has medicinal properties.
Ayurveda, the traditional Indian system of medicine, claims that Mahishashi sambrani offers many benefits such as reducing stress, anxiety and depression.
It also believed to possess antimicrobial properties and use it to purify the air and eliminate unwanted odors.
- Burn Mahishasura Sambrani generally on a charcoal disc in a special burner called a sambrani dhoop.
- Light the charcoal disc and place it in the burner, then add a small amount of the incense on top.
- As the incense burns, it fills the room with its fragrance and creates a positive and vibrant atmosphere.
- This purifies the air and promotes a sense of calm and tranquility.
- This sambrani calms the mind and relieves stress and tension.
Visit our new website to get latest news in Tamil , English & Hindi